Thursday, February 19, 2009

Month 1 Recap

Month 1 Recap (August 16th – September 16th):


Funny Fact: After getting 5 negative results on home pregnancy tests and one “inconclusive” blood test from my GYN, my doctor finally confirmed that I was pregnant on September 9, 2009.


Moment of Weakness: Spending way too much time on babycenter.com and babyzone.com checking out the stages of fetal development.Proudest Moment: Telling our parents that they were finally going to have a grandchild. They have been so patient but wanting one for at least the last 4 years of our 5 year marriage.Obvious Pregnancy Signs/Symptoms: The missing period.


Beauty Tip: Keep doing what I’ve been doing. A great hair do with mascara and lip gloss goes a long, long way!


Health Tip: Cut down on coffee (decaffeinated only now) and artificial sweeteners (Splenda only and with coffee onley-2packets).Fitness Tip:. Keep working out. Soon enough my energy will plummet and even showering will feel like a work out.Nutrition Tip: Keep drinking water. Your taste buds are all over the place right now but at least you won’t retain a ton of water if you keep chugging!


Looking Forward To: My first ultrasound


Observations: I feel great! My workouts are still strong. I sometimes forget I’m pregnant because I still feel so “normal”. From time to time I get cramps and keep thinking I’m going to start my period and then I remember that I’m pregnant.


Cravings: Since I’m just back from vacation in Vegas, I find that I’m craving vacation foods. I’m all about restaurant eating and desserts! Oh and I love oranges…. Lots of them and ice cold please.


Travel: Las Vegas, NV (where the baby was made), Austin, TX


Fun/ Special Events: Our 5 year anniversary and our trip to Vegas where little AJ was made. Ha ha!

No comments: